Tuesday, July 17, 2012

svnserve: Can't bind server socket: Address already in use

I was done setting up svn and i ran "svnserve -d -r path"  and got the following:


svnserve: Can't bind server socket: Address already in use.

In my case I had previously set up svn which was already listening on the default port 3690.
I solved this simply by looking for that svn process and killing it.
Grep it on commandline with;
ps -ef  | grep svnserve

This will show the running svn process. Just get the processID/number and kill it and you should be set..

e.g sudo kill processID.





10 comments:

  1. Also it is possible that apache2 is running with cvn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone essentially assist to make severely posts I'd
    state. That is the first time I frequented your website page
    and so far? I surprised with the research you made to make this actual post extraordinary.
    Magnificent process!

    Also visit my blog - wholesale snapbacks

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!!!
    worked for me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys,

    I am getting an error in creating secondary user.
    Any suggestion ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks....
    Great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome.. It worked for me. Thank you

    ReplyDelete